: Hi, I recently went through a little hell when I upgraded my Solr
: servers to 3.2.0. What I didn't anticipate was that my Java SolrJ
: clients depend on the server version.
:
: I would like to add a note about this in the SolrJ docs:
: http://wiki.apache.org/solr/Solrj#Streaming_documents_for_an_update

I don't know that it really makes sense to add to that section, but if
you'd like to add some mention to the "Setting the RequestWriter" section
(where the binary / xml format choice is mentioned)

In general i think people haven't called it out specificly on the wiki
because it's not a problem that should affect most people except as an
upgrade issue: and all known upgrade issues are enumerated in the
CHANGES.txt for hte version where the issue arrises.

Thr format change was specificly called out in the CHANGES.txt for 3.1...

* The Solr JavaBin format has changed as of Solr 3.1. If you are using the
  JavaBin format, you will need to upgrade your SolrJ client. (SOLR-2034)

-Hoss