On 7/27/2011 2:00 PM, Shawn Heisey wrote:
I've seen a number of requests here for the ability to have multiple fq parameters ORed together. This is probably possible, but in the interests of compatibility between versions, very impractical. What if a new parameter was introduced? It could be named fqi, for filter query intersection. To figure out the final bitset for multiple fq and fqi parameters, it would use this kind of logic:

fq AND fq AND fq AND (fqi OR fqi OR fqi)

Thinking about this after I sent it, I realized that I don't mean intersection, that's what filter queries already do. :) I meant union, so fqu would be a better parameter name.

Shawn