There's no great way to do this. I understand your problem as: It's a multi-valued field, but you want to sort on whichever of those values matched the query, not on the values that didn't. (Not entirely clear what to do if the documents are in the result set becuse of a match in an entirely different field!)

I would sometimes like to do that too, and haven't really been able to come up with any great way to do it.

Something involving facetting kind of gets you closer, but ends up being a huge pain and doesn't get you (or at least me) all the way to supporting the interface I'd really want.