I’m not sure where a better place would be.  The problems I seem to be having
revolve around having the right prerequisites installed in my Apache and Php
installs to get this done.  I’m unsure that a Generic Linux forum would know
and understand the Solr prerequisites better than the Solr community.  It’s
simple things like some of the libraries in my centos 5.6 install ended up
being a few versions shy of the prereq’s and then now my Centos 6.0 install has
all that but the php version installed from the base repository is missing
mysqlnd which I think is needed for the connections to solr to work correctly
in php.

I think maybe what I really should of asked is what are the Prerequisites to be
installed to use Solr with Php on an Apache Web server.  Because the regular
yum install xxxx isn’t getting the job done.  Then if a regular distribution is
going to come off the shelf like that then I might try that vs trying to
compile a server from scratch.

Thanks,

-----

Cupbearer