BTW I update the wiki with the following, hope it keeps it simpel for
others starting out:

Example B: Simple two shard cluster with shard replicas
Note: This setup leverages copy/paste to setup 2 cores per shard and
distributed searches validate a succesful completion of this
example/exercise. But DO NOT assume that any new data that you index
will be distributed across and indexes at each core of a given shard.
That will not happen. Distributed Indexing is not part of SolrCloud
yet. You may however adapt a basic implementation of distributed
indexing by referring to SOLR-2355.