Hi,

Sure, you can use filters and facets for this. Start a query with
...&facet.field=source&facet.field=topics&facet.field=type
When you click a "button", you set the corresponding filter (fq=source:people),
and the new query will return the same facets with new counts. In the Audi
example, you would disable buttons with 0 hits in the facet count.

For more in depth, see http://java.dzone.com/news/complex-solr-faceting

--
Jan Høydahl, search solution architect
Cominvent AS - www.cominvent.com