From: Spadez [mailto:james_will...@hotmail.com]
Sent: Thu 5/3/2012 3:20 PM
To: solr-user@lucene.apache.org
Subject: Re: Searching by location - What do I send to Solr?

Hi,

This is quite a challenge. I know there are situations when you can get by
with google maps api or similar, but they limit the number of requests and I
need more than that, unfortunatly for the full service they charge a
fortune!

So, going back to my question, does anyone have any ideas or suggestions of
a good solution?

Search for "London"----->*Convert "London to Long/Lat"*----->Send Query to
Solr>----->Return Query>