The fact that they're python and java is largely beside the point I think.
Solr just sees a URL, the fact that your Python app gets in there
first and "does stuff" with the query wouldn't affect Solr at all.

Also, I tend to like keeping Solr fairly lean so any work I can offload to
the application I usually do.

YMMV

Best
Erick