Hi,

     Thanks sujatha for your response.
     I tried to create the core as per the blog url that you gave. But in
that

    mkdir -p /etc/solr/conf/$name/conf
cp -a /etc/solr/conftemplate/* /etc/solr/conf/$name/conf/
sed -i "s/CORENAME/$name/" /etc/solr/conf/$name/conf/solrconfig.xml
curl
"http://localhost:8080/solr/admin/cores?action=CREATE&name=$name&instanceDir=/etc/solr/conf/$name";

 I didnt understand the sed command what they are trying to do. I searched
the solrconfig file for replacing the corename , but there is no "CORENAME"
in it.

 Please let me know what are the configuration changes that i need to do for
a single core .

Thanks
Prabhakaran. P