Sent: Monday, May 14, 2012 3:24 PM
To: solr-user@lucene.apache.org
Subject: Re: Boosting on field empty or not

OK i just tried:

&q=chairs AND (regularprice:*^5 OR (-regularprice:*)5)

And that gives me 0 results

On Mon, May 14, 2012 at 2:51 PM, Jack Krupansky <j...@basetechnology.com>wrote:

foo AND (field:*^2.0 OR (-field:*)^0.5)

So, if a doc has anything in the field, it gets boosted, and if the doc
does not have anything in the field, de-boost it. Choose the boost factors
to suit your desired boosting effect.

-- Jack Krupansky

-----Original Message----- From: Donald Organ