Still doesnt appear to be working.  Here is the full Query string:

defType=edismax&start=0&rows=24&facet=true&qf=nameSuggest^10 name^10
codeTXT^2 description^1 brand_search^0
cat_search^10&spellcheck=true&spellcheck.collate=true&spellcheck.q=chairs&facet.mincount=1&fl=code,score&q=chairs
AND (regularprice:*^5 OR (*:* -regularprice:*)5)