Thanks. Do you know if the tons of index files with names like '_zxt.tis' in
the index/data/ directory have the lucene IDs embedded in the binaries? The
files look good to me and are partly readable even if in binary. I am
wondering if I could just set up a new solr instance and move these index
files there and hope to use them (or most of them) as is without shards? If
so, I will just set up a separate sharded index for the documents indexed
henceforth, but won't bother splitting the huge existing index.