On Tue, Jul 10, 2012 at 3:11 AM, Vadim Kisselmann
<v.kisselm...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi folks,
> my Test-Server with Solr 4.0 from trunk(version 1292064 from late
> february) throws this exception...

Can you run Lucene's checkIndex tool on your index?

If that is clean, can you try a newer version?
This could be a number of things, including something already fixed.

> auto commit error...:java.lang.IllegalStateException: this writer hit
> an OutOfMemoryError; cannot commit
>         at
> org.apache.lucene.index.IndexWriter.prepareCommit(IndexWriter.java:2650)
>         at
> org.apache.lucene.index.IndexWriter.commitInternal(IndexWriter.java:2804)
>         at org.apache.lucene.index.IndexWriter.commit(IndexWriter.java:2786)
>         at
> org.apache.solr.update.DirectUpdateHandler2.commit(DirectUpdateHandler2.java:391)
>         at org.apache.solr.update.CommitTracker.run(CommitTracker.java:197)
>         at
> java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:441)
>         at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRun(FutureTask.java:303)
>         at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:138)
>         at
> java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.access$301(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:98)
>         at
> java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.run(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:206)
>         at
>         at

do you have another exception in your logs? To my knowledge, in all
cases that IndexWriter throws an OutOfMemoryError, the original
OutOfMemoryError is also rethrown (not just this IllegalStateException
noting that at some point, it hit OOM.

> My Server has 24GB RAM, 8GB for JVM. I index round about 20 docs per
> seconds, my index is small with 10Mio docs. It runs
> about a couple of weeks and then suddenly i get this errors..
> I can't see any problems in VisualVM with my GC. It's all ok, memory
> consumption is about 6GB, no swapping, no i/o problems..it's all
> green:)
> What's going on on this machine?:)  My uncommitted docs are gone, right?

Yes, your commit failed.

--
lucidimagination.com