Right Mark,

I am accessing the Collections API using Solrj. This is where I am stuck. If
I just use the Collections API using http thru the browser, the behavior is
as expected. Is there an example of using the Collections API using SolrJ?
My code looks like

String[] urls =
{"http://127.0.0.1:8983/solr/","http://127.0.0.1:8900/solr/","http://127.0.0
.1:7500/solr/","http://127.0.0.1:7574/solr/"};
CloudSolrServer server = new CloudSolrServer("127.0.0.1:2181", new
LBHttpSolrServer(urls));
server.getLbServer().getHttpClient().getParams().setParameter(CoreConnection
PNames.CONNECTION_TIMEOUT, 5000);
server.getLbServer().getHttpClient().getParams().setParameter(CoreConnection
PNames.SO_TIMEOUT, 20000); server.setDefaultCollection(collectionName);
server.connect();
CoreAdminRequest.Create create = new CoreAdminRequest.Create();
create.setCoreName("myColl"); create.setCollection("myColl");
create.setInstanceDir("defaultDir");
create.setDataDir("myCollData");
create.setNumShards(2);
create.process(server); //Exception No live SolrServers  is thrown here

Regards
Jay