From: Mark Miller [mailto:markrmil...@gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, January 07, 2013 1:14 PM
To: solr-user@lucene.apache.org
Subject: Re: "No live SolrServers" Solr 4 exceptions on trying to create a
collection

> http://127.0.0.1:7500/solr/admin/cores?

Why did you paste that as the example then :) ?

4.0 has problems using the collections api with the CloudSolrServer. You
will be able to do it for 4.1, but for 4.0 you have to use an HttpSolrServer
and pick a node to talk to. For 4.0, CloudSolrServer is just good for
querying and updating.

- Mark

On Jan 7, 2013, at 1:20 PM, "Jay Parashar" <jparas...@itscape.com> wrote:

> Right Mark,
>
> I am accessing the Collections API using Solrj. This is where I am stuck.
If

{"http://127.0.0.1:8983/solr/","http://127.0.0.1:8900/solr/","http://127.0.0
> .1:7500/solr/","http://127.0.0.1:7574/solr/"};
> CloudSolrServer server = new CloudSolrServer("127.0.0.1:2181", new
> LBHttpSolrServer(urls));

server.getLbServer().getHttpClient().getParams().setParameter(CoreConnection

http://127.0.0.1:7500/solr/admin/cores?action=CREATE&name=myColl1&instanceDi

http://wiki.apache.org/solr/SolrCloud#Managing_collections_via_the_Collectio