From: Per Steffensen [mailto:st...@designware.dk]
Sent: Thursday, January 10, 2013 1:23 PM
To: solr-user@lucene.apache.org
Subject: Re: CoreAdmin STATUS performance

On 1/10/13 10:09 AM, Shahar Davidson wrote:
> search request, the system must be aware of all available cores in
> order to execute distributed search on_all_  relevant cores
For this purpose I would definitely recommend that you go "SolrCloud".

Further more we do something "ekstra":
We have several collections each containing data from a specific period in time
- timestamp of ingoing data decides which collection it is indexed into. One
important search-criteria for our clients are search on timestamp-interval.
Therefore most searches can be restricted to only consider a subset of all our
collections. Instead of having the logic calculating the subset of collections
to search (given the timestamp
search-interval) in clients, we just let clients do "dumb" searches by giving
the timestamp-interval. The subset of collections to search are calculated on
server-side from the timestamp-interval in the search-query. We handle this in
a Solr SearchComponent which we place "early" in the chain of SearchComponents.
Maybe you can get some inspiration by this approach, if it is also relevant for
you.

Regards, Per Steffensen

Email secured by Check Point