On 12 January 2013 01:06, Achim Domma <do...@procoders.net> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have just setup my first Solr 4.0 instance and have added about one
> million documents. I would like to access the raw data stored in the index.
> Can somebody give me a starting point how to do that?
>
> As a first step, a simple dump would be absolutely ok. I just want to play
> around and do some static offline analysis. In the long term, I probably
> would like to implement custom search components to enrich my search
> results. So if there's no export for raw data, I would be happy to learn how
> to implement custom handlers and/or search components. Some guidance where
> to start would be very appreciated.

It is not clear what you mean by "raw data", and what level of
customisation you are after. Here are two possibilities:
* At the base, Solr indexes are Lucene indexes, so one can always
  drop down to that level.
* Also, Solr allows plugins for various components. This link might
  be of help, depending on the extent of customisation you are after:
  http://wiki.apache.org/solr/SolrPlugins

Maybe you should approach this from the other end: If you could
describe what you are trying to achieve, people might be able to
offer possibilities.

Regards,
Gora