The ping handler is how we tell our load balancers that our Solr cores
are healthy. I guess if you're running more than one core behind the
same balancer, it would make sense to drop a webapp in there that ran
the ping queries for all your cores and only responded OK if they all
came back OK.

Or if you have one core that's the most important, you could only use
that ping handler.

Or you could invent your own check if you think that the criteria for
"up" should be different than what the ping handler offers.

Michael

Michael Della Bitta

Appinions
18 East 41st Street, 2nd Floor