That's surprising to me, mostly because a number of the Solr wiki
pages don't really make that strong of a case for it:

http://wiki.apache.org/solr/SolrInstall
http://wiki.apache.org/solr/SolrTomcat
http://wiki.apache.org/solr/SolrJetty

Would it make sense to spell that out somewhere?

I do notice that it seems like the version of Jetty that ships with
Solr isn't the preferred one according to the wiki, so that would be
an extra dependency for a config management system like Chef.

Are there any other configuration choices that are blessed like this?
JDK versions or sources (oracle vs. open), for example?

Thanks,

Michael

Michael Della Bitta

Appinions