If you are attempting to assess performance, you should use as many
records as you can muster. A Lucene index does start to struggle at a
certain size, and you may be getting close to that, depending upon the
size of your fields.

Are you suggesting that you would host other services on the server as
well? I would expect your Solr instance to want sole use of the server,
as an index of your size will demand it.

Upayavira