People do use other data stores to retrieve data sometimes. e.g. Mongo
is popular for that.  Like I hinted in another email, I wouldn't
necessarily recommend this for common cases.  Don't do it unless you
really know you need it.  Otherwise, just store in Solr.

Otis
--
Solr & ElasticSearch Support
http://sematext.com/