I actually have a maven project with a declared solrj dependency (4.2.1); Do I
need anything extra to get rid of the Zookeeper exception? I didn't see jars
specific to zookeeper in the list below that I would need. Any more ideas
please?

Thank you,
Peri Subrahmanya

On May 2, 2013, at 4:48 PM, Shawn Heisey <s...@elyograg.org> wrote:

> On 5/2/2013 1:43 PM, Alexandre Rafalovitch wrote:
>> Actually, I found it very hard to figure out the exact Jar
>> requirements for SolrJ. I ended up basically pointing at expanded
>> webapp's lib directory, which is a total overkill.
>>
>> Would be nice to have some specific guidance on this issue.
>
> I have a SolrJ app that uses HttpSolrServer.  Here is the list of jars
> in my lib directory relevant to SolrJ.  There are other jars related to
> the other functionality in my app that I didn't list here.  I take a
> very minimalistic approach for what I add to my lib directory.  I work
> out the minimum jars required to get it to compile, then I try the
> program out and determine which additional jars it needs one by one.
>
> commons-io-2.4.jar
> httpclient-4.2.4.jar
> httpcore-4.2.4.jar
> httpmime-4.2.4.jar
> jcl-over-slf4j-1.7.5.jar
> log4j-1.2.17.jar
> slf4j-api-1.7.5.jar
> slf4j-log4j12-1.7.5.jar
> solr-solrj-4.2.1.jar
>
> You might notice that my component versions are newer than what is
> included in dist/solrj-lib.  I have tested all of the functionality of
> my application, and I do not require the other jars found in
> dist/solrj-lib, including zookeeper.  When I add functionality in the
> future, if I run into a class not found exception, I will add the
> appropriate jar.
>
> If I were using CloudSolrServer, zookeeper would be required.  With
> EmbeddedSolrServer, more Lucene and Solr jars are required, because that
> starts the Solr server itself within your application.
>
> Thanks,
> Shawn

*** DISCLAIMER *** This is a PRIVATE message. If you are not the intended
recipient, please delete without copying and kindly advise us by e-mail of the
mistake in delivery.
NOTE: Regardless of content, this e-mail shall not operate to bind HTC Global
Services to any order or other contract unless pursuant to explicit written
agreement or government initiative expressly permitting the use of e-mail for
such purpose.