From: Yago Riveiro <yago.rive...@gmail.com>
To: solr-user <solr-user@lucene.apache.org>
Sent: Mon, Jun 17, 2013 6:19 pm
Subject: Re: Solr Cloud Hangs consistently .

I do all the indexing through a HTTP POST, with replicationFactor=1 no problem,
if is higher deadlock problems can appear

A stack trace like this
http://lucene.472066.n3.nabble.com/updating-docs-in-solr-cloud-hangs-td4067388.html#a4067862

is that I get

--
Yago Riveiro

On Monday, June 17, 2013 at 11:03 PM, Mark Miller wrote:

> If it actually happens with replicationFactor=1, it doesn't likely have
anything to do with the update handler issue I'm referring to. In some cases
like these, people have better luck with Jetty than Tomcat - we test it much
more. For instance, it's setup to help avoid search side distributed deadlocks.

> In any case, there is something special about it - I do and have seen a lot
> of
heavy indexing to SolrCloud by me and others without running into this. Both
with replicationFacotor=1 and greater. So there is something specific in how
the
load is being done or what features/methods are being used that likely causes
it
or makes it easier to cause.

> But again, the issue I know about involves threads that are not even created
in the replicationFactor = 1 case, so that could be a first report afaik.

(mailto:rishi.easwa...@aol.com)> wrote:

> > Update!!
> >
> > This happens with replicationFactor=1
> > Just for kicks I created a collection with a 24 shards, replicationfactor=1
cluster on my exisiting benchmark env.
> > Same behaviour, SOLR cloud just hangs. Nothing in the logs, top/heap/cpu
most metrics looks fine.
> > Only indication seems to be netstat showing incoming request not being read
in.

> > Yago,
> >
> > I saw your previous post
> > (http://lucene.472066.n3.nabble.com/updating-docs-in-solr-cloud-hangs-td4067388.html#a4067631)
> > Following it, Last week, I upgraded to SOLR 4.3, to see if the issue gets
fixed, but no luck.
> > Looks like this is a dominant and easily reproducible issue on SOLR cloud.
> >

> > Thanks,
> >
> > Rishi.

JDK7