On 6/19/2013 2:18 AM, Ralf Heyde wrote:
> Hello Folks,
>
> is it possible to disable the replication for ALL cores using one
> command? We currently use Solr 3.6.
>
> Currently we have a curl operation, which fires:
> http://<slave_host>:<port>/solr/<core>/admin/replication/index.jsp?poll=disable
>

> In the documentation there is a URL-Command which seems to be correct,
> but it says "404".
> http://slave_host:port/solr/replication?command=disablepoll

I don't think there is a way to do this, because each Solr core is
self-contained and its configuration is independent of the others.

The URL that you have shown that doesn't include the core name will only
work in a multicore environment if the defaultCoreName attribute is
found in solr.xml, and will only access the specific core that is named
there.  I know this attribute works in Solr 4.x, but I don't know if it
worked in 3.x.  I have never used it.

It might actually make sense to add one or more actions to the CoreAdmin
for this, but I'm fairly sure that the feature doesn't currently exist.

Thanks,
Shawn