I am migrating from solr 3.6 to 4.3.1.  Using the core create rest call,
something like:

http://10.1.10.150:8090/solr/admin/cores?action=CREATE&name=foo&instanceDir=/home/solrdata/foo&persist=true&wt=json&dataDir=/home/solrdata/foo

I am able to add data to the index it creates within the /home/solrdata/foo
directory and search it.  The solr config however does not contain the dataDir
path.  When the process is restarted the dataDir is set to /home/solrdata and
not /home/solrdata/foo.

Now if I create the index, index some docs, stop the process, manually edit the
solr.xml  to include dataDir search works.

I am not sure but it seems that in the following class dataDir is not persisted
in a case that looks like it is work in progress for solr 5.0.

        CoreContainer.addPersistOneCore

I also played with passing properties in the create args of the form:

        property.dataDir=/home/solrdata/foo

That didnt seem to help but I may not be understanding the exact property
syntax.

Any clues?

Cheers