Von: Shawn Heisey <s...@elyograg.org>
Datum: 07.09.2013 18:33 (GMT+01:00)
An: solr-user@lucene.apache.org
Betreff: Re: Solr Hangs During Updates for over 10 minutes

On 7/9/2013 9:50 AM, Jed Glazner wrote:
> I'll give you the high level before delving deep into setup etc. I have been
> struggeling at work with a seemingly random problem when solr will hang for
> 10-15 minutes during updates.  This outage always seems to immediately be
> proceeded by an EOF exception on  the replica.  Then 10-15 minutes later we
> see an exception on the leader for a socket timeout to the replica.  The
> leader will then tell the replica to recover which in most cases it does and
> then the outage is over.
>
> Here are the setup details:
>
> We are currently using Solr 4.0.0 with an external ZK ensemble of 5 machines.

After 4.0.0 was released, a *lot* of problems with SolrCloud surfaced
and have since been fixed.  You're five releases and about nine months
behind what's current.  My recommendation: Upgrade to 4.3.1, ensure your
configuration is up to date with changes to the example config between
4.0.0 and 4.3.1, and reindex.  Ideally, you should set up a 4.0.0
testbed, duplicate your current problem, and upgrade the testbed to see
if the problem goes away.  A testbed will also give you practice for a
smooth upgrade of your production system.

Thanks,
Shawn