Thank you for the reply Erick,
I was facing exactly with that problem..from the documentation it seems
that those parameter are required to run SolrCloud,
instead they are just used to initialize a sample collection..
I think that in the examples on the user doc it should be better to
separate those 2 concepts: one is starting the server,
another one is creating/managing collections.

Best,
Flavio