I am trying to read a solr config files from outside of running Solr
instance. It's - one of the approaches - for SolrLint (
https://github.com/arafalov/SolrLint ). I kind of expected to just need
core Solr classes for that, but I needed SolrJ and Lucene analyzer jar and
a bunch of other jars.

The goal was to avoid recreating valid/invalid parsing of config files and
just use Solr's definition.

Anyway, I don't want to hijack the thread. In the end, I think Solr's parse
mechanism is probably not the best match for me, as I explicitly want to
detect things like field definitions in wrong place or incorrect spelling
and the current parser just ignores those by doing select XPath queries
instead.

Regards,
   Alex.

- Time is the quality of nature that keeps events from happening all at
once. Lately, it doesn't seem to be working.  (Anonymous  - via GTD book)