From: Erick Erickson [mailto:erickerick...@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, July 25, 2013 3:25 PM
To: solr-user@lucene.apache.org
Subject: Re: new field type - enum field

Start here: http://wiki.apache.org/solr/HowToContribute

Then, when your patch is ready submit a JIRA and attach your patch. Then nudge
(gently) if none of the committers picks it up and applies it....

NOTE: It is _not_ necessary that the first version of your patch is completely
polished. I often put up partial/incomplete patches (comments with //nocommit
are explicitly caught by the "ant precommit" target for instance) to see if
anyone has any comments before polishing.....

Best
Erick