On 10/10/2013 2:45 AM, xinwu wrote:
> I solved that problem by using the "-Dbootstrap_conf=true" configuration
> instead of the "-Dbootstrap_confdir=/opt/Solr_home/collection1/conf
> -Dcollection.configName=solrConfig" on startup.

You do not need this bootstrap option either.  Once your configurations
are loaded into zookeeper, nothing further is needed - the information
is there.

> But,another problem showed up.
>
> I had two collections (collection1,collection2) when I started my Solr.
> Collection1 and Collection2 had different schema.
>
> Then I created two other collections in my project which had the same schema
> with the collection2.
> But these two new collections only had "data" directory, which means there
> was no 'conf' directory.
>
> And when I started my solr again,some errors showed up because of the
> missing of 'conf' directory.

This is expected, because the bootstrap options (especially
bootstrap_conf) are not intended for extended use.

SolrCloud doesn't use conf directories.  All that is in zookeeper.  The
bootstrap options are one way of converting configurations from
non-SolrCloud to SolrCloud.  Once that's done, it does not need to be
done again.

The other way of converting and maintaining SolrCloud configuration
information, which in my opinion is better, is with the zkcli utility
included in example/cloud-scripts.

This is the definition that most closely describes what bootstrapping
means with respect to SolrCloud.  Solr is not a development environment,
but the general notion applies:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bootstrapping#Software_development

Thanks,
Shawn