On 10/11/2013 9:38 AM, Christopher Gross wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 11, 2013 at 11:08 AM, Shawn Heisey <s...@elyograg.org> wrote:
>
>> On 10/11/2013 8:17 AM, Christopher Gross wrote: ....
>>> Is there a spot in a Solr configuration that I can set this up to use
>> HTTPS?
>>
>> From what I can tell, not yet.

> Dang.

Christopher,

I was just looking through Solr source code for a completely different
issue, and it seems that there *IS* a way to do this in your configuration.

If you were to use "https://hostname"; or "https://ipaddress"; as the
"host" parameter in your solr.xml file on each machine, it should do
what you want.  The parameter is described here, but not the behavior
that I have discovered:

http://wiki.apache.org/solr/SolrCloud#SolrCloud_Instance_Params

Boring details: In the org.apache.solr.cloud package, there is a
ZkController class.  The getHostAddress method is where I discovered
that you can do this.

If you could try this out and confirm that it works, I will get the wiki
page updated and look into the Solr reference guide as well.

Thanks,
Shawn