Hi Shalin,.

Thank you for your quick reply. I appreciate all the help.

I started the solr cloud servers first...with 5 nodes.

then i issued a command like below to create the shards -

http://localhost:8983/solr/admin/collections?action=CREATE&name=mycollection&numShards=5&replicationFactor=1<http://localhost:8983/solr/admin/collections?action=CREATE&name=mycollection&numShards=3&replicationFactor=4>

Please advice.

Regards,
Chris