Hi ,

I think the misunderstanding you are having is about
http://wiki.apache.org/solr/AnalyzersTokenizersTokenFilters#solr.LowerCaseTokenizerFactory
lowercase
factory.

You are correct about KeywordTokenizerFactory  but lowercase factory : Creates
tokens by lowercasing all letters and dropping non-letters.

The best place to play and learn these pipelines is Solr admin panel =>
analysis page.

thanks,
Arun