Btw "timing" for distributed requests are broken at this moment, it doesn't
combine values from requests to shards.  I'm working on a patch.

-----Original Message-----
From: Jack Krupansky [mailto:j...@basetechnology.com]
Sent: Tuesday, February 04, 2014 22:00
To: solr-user@lucene.apache.org
Subject: Re: Lowering query time

Add the debug=true parameter to some test queries and look at the "timing"
section to see which search components are taking the time. Traditionally,
highlighting for large documents was a top culprit.

Are you returning a lot of data or field values? Sometimes reducing the amount
of data processed can help. Any multivalued fields with lots of values?

-- Jack Krupansky