I'd like to thank you for lending a hand on my query time problem with
SolrCloud. By switching to a single shard with replicas setup, I've reduced
my query time to 18 msec. My full ingestion of 300k+ documents went down
from 2 hours 50 minutes to 1 hour 40 minutes. There are some code changes
that are going in that should help a bit as well. Big thanks to everyone
that had suggestions.