On 2/11/2014 10:21 AM, Jeff Wartes wrote:
I’m working on a port of a Solr service to SolrCloud. (Targeting v4.6.0 at
present.) The old query style relied on using /solr/select?qt=foo to select the
proper requestHandler. I know handleSelect=true is deprecated now, but it’d be
pretty handy for testing to be able to be backwards compatible, at least until
some time after the initial release.

So in my SolrCloud configuration, I set <requestDispatcher handleSelect="true”>
and deleted the /select requestHandler as suggested here:
http://wiki.apache.org/solr/SolrRequestHandler#Old_handleSelect.3Dtrue_Resolution_.28qt_param.29

However, my /solr/collection1/select?qt=foo query throws an “unknown handler:
null” error with this configuration. Has anyone successfully tried
handleSelect=true with the collections api?

I'm pretty sure that if you won't have a handler named /select, then you need to have default="true" as an attribute on one of your other handler definitions.

See line 715 of the example solrconfig.xml for Solr 3.5:

http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/lucene/dev/branches/lucene_solr_3_5/solr/example/solr/conf/solrconfig.xml?view=annotate

Thanks,
Shawn