For the record, I am +1 for somebody to add Solr to the NoSQL wikipedia page, in much the same way that Elasticsearch is already there.

From a LucidWorks webinar blurb: "The long awaited Solr 4 release brings a
large amount of new functionality that blurs the line between search engines and NoSQL databases. Now you can have your cake and search it too with Atomic updates, Versioning and Optimistic Concurrency, Durability, and Real-time Get! Learn about new Solr NoSQL features and implementation details of how the distributed indexing of Solr Cloud was designed from the ground up to accommodate them."

-- Jack Krupansky

-----Original Message----- From: Furkan KAMACI
Sent: Monday, March 3, 2014 10:58 AM
To: solr-user@lucene.apache.org
Subject: Re: Solr is NoSQL database or not?

Hi;

I said that:

"What are the main differences between ElasticSearch
and Solr that makes ElasticSearc a NoSQL store but not Solr."

because it is just a marketing term as Jack indicated after me. Also I said:

"The first link you provided includes ElasticSearch:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NoSQL
as a Document Store"

I mean if you can add Solr to the wikipedia page but it is not a reference.
Because these are all "marketin terms" as like Big Data. You should
remember the definition of Big Data: "Data that is much more than you can
process with traditional methods" so it is not an exactly defined
definition. One can say Big Data for something but one can not. It is
similar to NoSQL.

Thanks;
Furkan KAMACI