It¹s not just FacetComponent, here¹s the original feature ticket for
timeAllowed:

As I read it, timeAllowed only limits the time spent actually getting
documents, not the time spent figuring out what data to get or how. I
think that means the primary use-case is serving as a guard against
excessive paging.