Parliament urges Justice ministry to sue Sudanese who participated in
the attack on Heglig
Article
Comments (13)
email Email
print Print
pdfSave
separation
increase
decrease
separation
separation
April 30, 2012 (KHARTOUM) — Ahmed Ibrahim al-Tahir, speaker of
National Assembly, on Monday urged the Sudanese minister of justice to
undertake the legal procedures to sue Sudanese who participated in the
occupation of Heglig with the South Sudanese army.
JPEG - 33.5 kb
A picture taken on April 15, 2012 and released by the AFP, shows
soldiers of the Justice Equality Movement (JEM) travelling along the
only main road of Heglig (photo by Adriane O’hanesian)
Khartoum and Juba trade accusation against each other of supporting
rebel groups from both sides.
Sudan says rebels of the Justice and Equality Movement (JEM) took part
in the attack on Heglig on 10 April which led to the capture of the
oil producing area by South Sudanese army, SPLA, and its occupation
for 10 days.
JEM rebels denied being involved in the attack, but they claimed
responsibility for two attacks on the Sudanese army in Karasana,
located 30 Kilometers northward to Heglig in South Kordofan.
Tahir urged the Minister of Justice Mohamed Bushara Dosa to prosecute
all the Sudanese who participated in the attack on Heglig and some
localities in South Kordofan state and to charge them of helping
foreigners to sabotage the country’s oil facilities.
The head of the Sudanese parliament further demanded to sever the
charges against them and to put it on the same level of hostility they
showed towards their country.
Sudan says will seek compensations for the sabotage of Heglig oil
installations which produce the half of Sudan’s oil production.
The chairman of the National Assembly asked the minister to stand by
the parliament in the legal battle and he accused some circles of
trying to turn the victory of Sudan in the battlefield to a political
defeat.
The juice minister briefed the parliament on the outcome of his action
during last year and about the plans of his ministry for 2012. He
stressed that the strategic objective of the Ministry is to upgrade
and strengthen the rule of law in Sudan.
(ST)
--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
"South Sudan Info - The Kob" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
[email protected].
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/SouthSudanKob?hl=en.