SPLA-IO Forces Return To Wau Town For Peace Process

150 members from the SPLA-IO who were fighting under former Dr. Riek
Machar returned to Wau town on Monday to participant in peace process.

By James Deng Dimo

WAU, 09 August 2017 [Gurtong] - The 150 soldiers including 48 senior
high ranking officials ranging from Lt. Col Bellow were officially
received by Wau State security committee at Masana Biira.

The forces were led by Lt. Col. Santino Akot Majok and Lt. Col Salva Ujok Achor.

Following their arrival, the former fighters assured Wau State
authority that they have officially returned home with their weapons
reconciliation across the country.

Salva Ujok Achor who spoke on behalf of the forces said their return
home means the end of their rebellion in Wau State. He also called on
the government to negotiate their grievances in a responsible manner.

“My coming here, I respect you the President of the Republic of South
Sudan that is why I have returned home. I am not going back, we have
come back for peace,” he said.

The Governor of Wau State applauded the forces for taking the bold
step and respecting the presidential call.

“I also thank God that you have come back home and I hope you have
come with a heart for peace, am speaking to you now from the bottom of
my heart, we are all from this State, you all know me,” Acho said.

He further informed the fighters that all processes for their
reintegration would be communicated through the national government
but as for now they will be allocated a temporary cantonment site
within Wau.

On his part, Wau state Information Minister, David John Ponis welcomed
the return of the forces.

Posted in: Home

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/SouthSudanKob/CAJb14oqZ9ripr-%2BO1VZ3fS4kuSAfhtiH5-G1uVwaVetjrm7xkA%40mail.gmail.com.