>

>Boulay arrived at lunch time, so instead of being taken to see Stark first
>off, he was shown to his quarters in the largest of the buildings in the
>headquarters compound. The suite was small and stark, even for Starfleet
>standards. He had time to unpack and get settled in.

David groaned, this was going to be a fun mission. Unloading his bags, he triplechecked his two on-body phasers and sat for a moment to contemplate his existence.

>Not long after he was shown to his quarters, a SF Marine Master Sargent arrived.

>Through the door comm, "Captain Boulay, sir. I am Master Sargent Merkel.
>I am here to show you to the Command Center. Captain Stark is awaiting your
>arrival."

"Come in..." He let the officer walk in and stood up, "Let's do it...my guards will accompany us."

Moments later they were at the command center....

He waved his two security officers to stand down outside the main area and wait.

>Captain Stark was in the middle of the operations center, going over mid day
>field reports with one of the operations duty officers. He was a tall man,
>just over 6'2" with graying brown hair. He was roughly 47 years of age, but
>looked a bit older. He was a veteran officer with the graying hair and
>wrinkles carved by years of line experience to prove it.

"Captain Stark...Captain David Boulay, pleasure to meet you." They were equal rank so he didn't salute but maintained professional at-ease posture.

"Good afternoon, Captain. The pleasure is mine. I was told to expect you by District Command, and that I should be helpful. Shall we move our conversation to my office where we can talk more comfortably...." {response} The two officers headed into Stark's office. It was a plain, utilitarian work space, ut comfortable. "So, Captain Boulay. What can I do for you?" {response}

Reply via email to