>   "Jack, if you could please bring us around to the other side.  Docking 
>bay 2 is over there."
>

Jack nodded, steering clear of  random debris that was floating in space.  
As they went over the top of the station, they could see that soemthing had 
indeed occurred in one of the main docking slips.  It didn't look good.

They came to Docking Bay 2.  They waited for a few minutes while a series of 
automatic robo-pods zoomed by frantically, then a shuttle, and then a patrol 
vessel.  Jack took advantantage of the 'lull' to bring the ship in. He 
docked it with a gentle *thump*, remotely secured the mooring clamps, closed 
the doors, and pressurized the deck.

"We'll secure the cargo," Selara said to Garibaldi, "I imagine that you'll 
want to see what happened.  My cousin Serana is blocking me out, but I can 
sense she's in the middle of a lot of chaos. Looks like an accident on one 
of those big starships."

  "Thanks.  I will be in touch once I get a handle on things here.  You are
more than welcome to hang out or do what ever.  Thanks for the ride, nad for
the help with Hardcastle."

   {response}

That said he was off to see what he could find.  He ended up standing next to
Capt. Carroll who was still barking orders to the various crews there.

   "This is not good John.  How many did we lose here?"  Garibaldi asked the
dock superintendant.

   "No clue.  Dr. D'amondra is in there now doing some field triage.  From
what we have out here so far we are looking at about 30, perhaps more dead and
another 50 or so wounded.  You know we will have to shut down until we find
out the cause for all of this."  Carroll answered.

   "You have 3 days to sort it all out.  No more than that.  After your three
days the crews get back on the job.  You know the situation back home." 
Garibaldi countered.

  "You don't have to remind me.  I know.  What about those parts I need."

   "Just got back with them.  Some help will be coming too.  He is a little
rough around the edges, but he is worth the headaches."

   "You had better be sure."

   "Of course I'm sure.  His name is Jackson Hardcastle...

{TBC}

Reply via email to