>"I have been dispatched to make some...observations...regarding the
military situation. What's been happening down here lately?"

 >"They send in a lawyer to make military observations." Stark said with a
disapproving tone that was just barely detectable. "What specifically are
you looking for, Captain?"

"Mainly to see if any civil rights are being abused. Certain boundaries
must be maintained, even during police actions."

"Well, I can assure you, Captain that it is not my people that are the cause
for you to come all this way.  These are hard fighting troops, and they know
the rules of engagement.  I have personally seen to it that they also know
the consequenses of breaking those rules without word from the chain of
command.  Namely District Command or my personal authorization.

Now, just how can I help you find out whatever it is you are looking for, so
I can get you on your way."  While not being overly rude, Stark was making
it perfectly clear that he was not happy to have the JAG Captain there.  He
did not need the hassels of babysitting a green horn.

   {response}


Reply via email to