---- "Pradeep Kilambi" <pkila...@redhat.com> wrote:
> versions.
> instead

> code and dunno if there should be conflict as well or if the code is
> really required.
> >>>

> >> Its not a conflict. We should force users using latest
> yum-rhnplugin to
> >> get newer rhn-client-tools and vice-versa. So requires as we have
> should
> >> do it.
> >>

> > Prad,
> >
> > if the user does have yum-rhnplugin but not rhn-client-tools, will
> > yum-rhnplugin work? If it won't then it's Requires case. If it will
> > work without rhn-client-tools or with new rhn-client-tools but not
> > with old rhn-client-tools, it's Conflicts.
> >
> > And vice versa -- for does rhn-client-tools need yum-rhnplugin to
> > work?
> >

> yes, without yum-rhn-plugin, rhn_check(part of rhn-client-tools) will
>
> not be able to process actions picked up and pass it to yum. Similarly
>
> without rhn-client-tools, yum-rhn-plugin will not be able to
> authenticate to rhn, as rhn-client-tools is what provides the
> authentication layer. There are also other cases where, the versioning
>
> is enforced in the http headers through clientCaps in rhn-client-tools
>
> to get the access to various capabilities such as arch info from the
> supported server. But this arch info can only be processed by the
> latest
> yum-rhn-plugin which has the arch capability fixes and which depends
> on
> the new rebased yum in 5.3. And hence a Requires case in my opinion.

Hmm, then
yum-rhn-plugin should be required by rhn_check, which is not. It is currently
required by rhn-client-tools and rhn-custom-info.

It seems to me that rhn-client-tools is only library and should not require
anything else (well I speak about yum-rhn-plugin). Other subpackages from
rhn-client-tools requires yum-rhn-plugin and it is fine, but I did not reason
for the main rhn-client-tools.

Mirek