Hey all,

I'm working with a colleague of mine to package the Spacewalk
Debian/Ubuntu client packages for internal use. In our environment, we
use an internal instance of OBS[1] combined with debbuild[2] to build
native Debian packages with RPM spec files to drastically simplify the
effort we have to go through to build and maintain Debian packages.

We're also willing to contribute the work we're doing upstream, if
this interests the Spacewalk and Uyuni developers. Note that debbuild
can be used completely independently of OBS, so it can be used on a
plain Linux system, as long as dpkg and dpkg-dev are installed.

Best regards,
Neal

[1]: https://openbuildservice.org/
[2]: https://github.com/ascherer/debbuild