Hi Jason,

don't clone the repository to local, just let the spacewalk do the
cloning. Spacewalk sorts the packages into it's own structure and serves
them via tomcat, not as a normal repository.

If you are talking about RHEL repositories there's been a thread a few
weeks ago, describing the necessary steps to get those into Spacewalk
without first syncing them to a RHEL system.

Sebastian

On 23.02.2016 15:05, ja...@monsterjam.org wrote:
> I have spacewalk 2.4 up and working on a RHEL server.. I have synced a repo
> on the internet to my
> local spacwalk server and done a createrepo on that directory.. When I add a
> channel to spacewalk and add
> my local repository and tell it to "sync" it seems to copy all the rpms over
> to /var/satellite wich
> duplicates all those rpms.. Is there a better way to do this to avoid the
> duplication of rpms?
>
> Jason

Sebastian Meyer
Linux Consultant & Trainer