Matt Kettler wrote:
> At 10:19 AM 1/23/2004, Mark Squire wrote:
> >Hi all,
> >I have been training SA manually for a couple of weeks now.  I estimate
> >a good 2000 emails for both Spam and Ham have been learned by it.
> >Coupla questions though . . . I want to put it into auto-learn mode
> >because I have only trained it on a few of our employees emails, and not
> >people from the whole company.  I think that SA needs to "get out more"
> >and learn from a broader range of emails (if that makes sense).  I
> >wanted to be sure that it is okay to put it into auto-learn mode, even
> >after I have been manually teaching it for a while.  What do you good
> >folks think?
>
> Auto-learning is not mutually exclusive with manual training. In fact, if
> you are using auto learning, you SHOULD use manual training as well.
>
> Auto learning alone does NOT work, and will over time result in a pretty
> skewed bayes database. It needs some manual training as well.
>
> However, autolearning is quite useful, it's just not good enough to be used
> without ever training manually

And too, the stand disclaimer - it's nice if there can be a separate
Bayes database for each user so it's tailored to them - learning based
specifically on the given user's email, as opposed to a composite of all
the users on your system.

Bryan

--
I depict hope so vividly that every hopeful individual will recognize
himself in my portrayal; and yet it is a fake, for while I depict it I

http://www.wecs.com/content.htm

This signature file is generated by Pick-a-Tag !
Written by Jeroen van Vaarsel
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&ie=ISO-8859-1&q=pick-a-tag