On Wed, Jan 14, 2015 at 09:01:55AM -0800, Timothy DeHan wrote:
>    So…this is getting fun…not!  SpamBayes is flagging all legitmate email
>    as spam.  Where/how does one tell it to not do that and that the items
>    are legit??  This should not be this tough!!

Timothy:

Are you using the Outlook plugin? I am not currently using that, so this
will be from memory (and at my age, memory isn't always that good...)
I recall that my Outlook had somewhere upper-left-ish a little thing
you could click on to set spambayes options. the instructions for the
outlook plugin (or maybe some of the verbiage on the spambayes home page)
should tell you how to configure that.

But basically, you tell spambayes which folders are ham (good mail),
spam, or unknown, and set policy for what it does when things get moved
into one of those folders.

Generally, you want your inbox to be for ham, and two other folders that
you can create (unless you want to tell is to use the junk folder you
get for free :) with Outlook for spam).

You can also tell it via that same mechanism when/how to train, as far
as I recall, things like "train when mail is dropped in the box" and/or
other options.

Sorry that's not more detailed, but it's been a few years. There IS
documentation for it, you may need to dig for it, though.

Good luck!

---- Fred Smith -- fre...@fcshome.stoneham.ma.us -----------------------------
                      The eyes of the Lord are everywhere,
                    keeping watch on the wicked and the good.