"Fred Showker" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]...
> Paul wrote:
>  > From my experience when I started reporting SPAM, it won't
>  > report email older that 2 or three days.
>
> In situations like that -- and you KNOW it's past dated, just
> drop the full spam into a text window and CHANGE the
> dates to yesterday.

if you get caught doing so, you may be banned from spamcop...

> If you look up at your past email, you'll probably find SPAM
> that has not been read.  Hmmmmmmm -- spammers KNOW about the
> two day limit in SpamCop.com, so they PAST-DATE their spams.

spamcop uses the date from your email server, it ignores the spammer's
dates...

> Just today I got spam from a spammer who cleverly dated his
> spam August 8, 2000.  However I knew they sent it today
> because I regularly archive mail (each month) out of my IN
> box, so anything TODAY that's dated prior to MARCH 2001,
> I know is either very stupid, or very stupid.
>
> I simply changed it and it went through like a charm.

if you're using eudora, i think the date displayed by your email program is
the spammer's date... that is not the date spamcop uses and there's no need
to change it...

> IF the SPAM is truly more than a day or so old, chances are,
> there's no use posting it anyway. In most cases action will
> already have been taken by others who post to SpamCop.
> So at that point you're wasting your time.

and, more importantly, other people's time...

michael


_______________________________________________
SpamCop-Help mailing list
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://news.spamcop.net/mailman/listinfo/spamcop-help

Reply via email to