Hi Jenn,
I used to wonder this. Then I asked myself--did I ask for this mail? Did
I "opt-in"?
If the answer is no, then it is -unsolicited- commercial mail and is
spam. Even though they usually say at the bottom "this is not spam" and
"to opt-out, reply ya da ya da ya da". I don't bother with it...if I had
to spend my mornings sifting through so-called opt-in lists to sort out
which might be genuinely willing to take me off my lists and which would
just sell my email address as confirmed, I'd get little else done.
My answer then: never try to get off a list you -never- asked to be on
in the first place by jumping through their hoops. Report their
irresponsible/conniving arses.
-spam_begone.
Jenn wrote:
>
> should I answer them or will they just use it to confirm my address?
> Please correct my email address to answer me!
>
> --
> Jenn
--
And there's a turbulent moon-ridden girl
or old woman, or both,
dressed in opals and rags, feathers
and torn taffeta, who knows strange songs
but she is not kind.
_______________________________________________
SpamCop-Help mailing list
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://news.spamcop.net/mailman/listinfo/spamcop-help